Health is wealth and this is the reason why everyone is seeking the best healthcare facilities these days. Dubai has been a popular city that offers a wide range of healthcare services. It is also the best in the world as it is top-ranked in treating patients from varied countries. Looking to know more? This blog will look at the aspects covering healthcare in Dubai.
Top 5 medical universities in Dubai
There are many medical universities in Dubai, but the top five are considered to be the American University of Dubai, the University of Dubai, the Dubai Medical College, the Gulf Medical University, and the Emirates Medical University. These universities are all highly respected and offer a great education to their students. They also have strong research programs and are constantly innovating and improving their facilities.
Top 5 hospitals in Dubai
There are many excellent hospitals in Dubai, but these are five of the best.
- Sheikh Khalifa Medical City: It is a massive facility with 1,200 beds and over 3,000 staff members. It is also home to the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. The hospital is located in Abu Dhabi, but it serves patients from all over the UAE.
- Dubai Hospital: It is the largest hospital in the emirate. It has 1,000 beds and provides comprehensive medical care for all residents of Dubai. The hospital is also home to the Dubai Health Authority, which is responsible for the city’s health care system.
- Rashid Hospital: It is located in Dubai’s Healthcare City. The hospital has 800 beds and provides a wide range of medical services. It is also home to the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Medical Research, which is one of the leading research institutes in the UAE.
- Al Zahra Hospital: Located in Sharjah, The hospital has 500 beds and provides a wide range of medical services. It is also home to the Sharjah Institute for Medical Research, which is one of the leading research institutes in the UAE.
- Mafraq Hospital: Located in Abu Dhabi. The hospital has 500 beds and provides comprehensive medical care for all residents of Abu Dhabi.
Medical Tourism in Dubai: Specialty Treatments in Dubai
Medical tourism is a growing industry in Dubai, with patients from all over the world coming to seek treatment in the city’s world-class hospitals. Some of the most popular treatments sought by medical tourists in Dubai are cosmetic surgery, fertility treatment, and orthopedic surgery.
- Cosmetic Surgery: It is one of the most popular treatments sought by medical tourists in Dubai. The city’s hospitals offer a wide range of cosmetic procedures, from simple treatments like Botox injections to more complex surgeries like facelifts and breast augmentations.
- Fertility treatment: It is another popular treatment sought by medical tourists in Dubai. The city’s hospitals offer a wide range of fertility treatments, from in vitro fertilization (IVF) to assisted reproductive technologies (ART).
- Orthopedic surgery: It is another popular treatment sought by medical tourists in Dubai. The city’s hospitals offer a wide range of orthopedic surgeries, from simple procedures like joint replacements to more complex surgeries like spinal fusion.
Dubai is very famous for its excellent healthcare facilities. Being the top-ranked in healthcare, There are several integrated hospitals and private hospitals in Dubai offering treatments for a wide range of health ailments that treat people from all over the world.